Many campers 14 and older choose to participate in the Counselor-In-Training (CIT) program where they will get a head start learning skills that will serve them as they enter the workforce. One of the few opportunities where early teens can gain valuable work experience prior to reaching working age, participants learn about professionalism, responsibility, teamwork, and the satisfaction that accompanies a job well done. CITs are integral in the success of our camp and have a great time while doing it too! Being a CIT is an excellent way to get real work experience and fulfill community service hours.
Rate: $125 per week
+$100 Training Fee (new CITs only. Includes sailing training and CIT training day.)
- Be at least 14 years old at the time of service
- Have attended The Watersports Camp as a camper prior to their weeks of service
- Attend one of the CIT training dates in spring
- Be, or become, sailing quailfied
This program is extremely popular and is subject to space availability so sign up early!
Information for Returning CITs
Returning CIT's do not need to attend training and can register at https://watersportscamp.com/cit_reg beginning in February. If you have additional questions please email us at [email protected] or call us at (858) 539-2003.
Information for New CITs
We invite campers ages 14 to 17 and meeting the above eligibility requirements to become a Counselor-In-Training at the Watersports Camp. Interested candidates should watch the video below to learnmore about participatinf as a CIT.
One of the ways CIT contribute to the camp experience is by giving sailing rides during afternoon camp CIT's will need to become sailing qualified. CIT candidates must complete one of the following options to become sailing qualified:
- Have previously completed Basic Sailing, Advanced Sailing, and Hobie Cat Sailing Camp at The Watersports Camp -or-
- Complete Youth Basic Sailing and Youth Adventure Sailing at MBAC this spring. These classes are included in your CIT training fee and you will register for them during CIT registration. There are several class dates and times available listed below.
CIT candidates who are already sailing qualified can choose to take Youth Basic Sailing or Youth Adventure Sailing as a refresher if they choose during CIT registration.
The CIT Training prepares NEW CITs for the responsibilities and expectations of being a CIT. They will learn the expectations as a CIT, the CIT code of conduct, duties and responsibilities, and what it means to be part of a hard-working and dynamic team while at camp. They will also practice rigging and sailing the Hobie Getaways used during camp.
CIT candidates must register for and attend, one of the CIT training dates listed below.
- Saturday, May 18 - 9AM-3PM
- Saturday, June 16 - 9AM-3PM
- Sunday, July 1 - 9AM-3PM
The date for 2019 CIT registration will be announced soon. You will register for your sailing and dates at registration.