Many campers 14 and older choose to participate in the Counselor-In-Training (CIT) program where they will get a head start learning skills that will serve them as they enter the workforce. One of the few opportunities where early teens can gain valuable work experience prior to reaching working age, participants learn about responsibility, teamwork, and the satisfaction that accompanies a job well done. CITs are integral in the success of our camp and have a great time while doing it too! Being a CIT is an excellent way to get real work experience and fulfill community service hours.
This program is extremely popular and is subject to space availability. Please be sure to attend the appropriate orientation listed below and complete the necessary training in a timely fashion.
INFORMATION FOR NEW CITs
To become a CIT all participants must:
- Be at least 14 years old as of June 1, 2017.
- Have attended at least one week of camp as a camper at The Watersports Camp.
- Attend ONE of the scheduled orientations listed below.
- Have completed Basic and Advanced Sailing or attend sailing classes prior to CIT Training Day. (Covered in CIT Training Fee)
- Attend ONE of the mandatory CIT Trainings for new CIT's.
- The CIT Training prepares NEW CITs for the responsibilities and expectations of being a CIT. They will learn the CIT code of conduct, and what it means to be part of a hard-working and dynamic team while at camp.
CITs need to choose ONE of the following NEW CIT Trainings which they must select ONE during registration:
- Sunday, May 7th, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Saturday, June 24th, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Tuesday & Wednesday, June 27th & 28th, 4:00pm-7:00pm (must attend both nights)
- Sunday, May 7th, 9:00am-3:00pm
- The CIT Training prepares NEW CITs for the responsibilities and expectations of being a CIT. They will learn the CIT code of conduct, and what it means to be part of a hard-working and dynamic team while at camp. CITs need to choose ONE of the following NEW CIT Trainings which they must select ONE during registration:
CITs are responsible for sailing with campers during our Afternoon Multisport Camp in Holder 14 sailboats. If your camper has not attended our Basic and Advanced Sailing camps they must attend our recreational sailing classes prior to their CIT Training date. During the CIT Training their sailing skills will be evaluated.
To become a CIT you must attend one of the 2017 CIT Program Orientations listed below:
- Sunday, February 26th, 9:30am-10:30am at MBAC
— OR —
- Online orientation webinar: Wednesday, March 1st, 6pm-7pm. Advanced registration required. Register https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3524142954798076929
INFORMATION FOR RETURNING CITs
Returning CITs are not required to attend an orientation. Returning CITs should have received an email in February with instructions on how to sign up for the 2017 CIT program. If you did not receive the email or have additional questions please contact the CIT Coordinator at [email protected] or by calling (858) 488-1000 x242
- $125 per week of CIT service (depending on week)
- $100 Training fee (New CIT's only.
Includes sailing training and CIT Training Day.)
If you have any questions after orientations you can contact us by email at [email protected] or by calling (858) 488-1000 x242. Urgent questions can be directed to the Camp Supervisor at (858) 539-2003.